Location: Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Position
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Inventory Control Managerserves in a leadership capacity to supervise and oversee the Inventory Control operations and manages the overall processes involved in the handling of finished goods throughout both the distribution center and offsite storage facilities. Additionally, this role ensures the accuracy and integrity of the company's inventory. This will be accomplished through extensive coordination and communication with both internal and external customers, co-manufacturers, vendors, carriers, suppliers, and agents. This position is directly responsible for managing inventory and the implementation of procedures and training.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all inventory control related issues and processes.
- Supervises and manages inventory counts (periodic cycle counts and year-end physical inventory counts), researches discrepancies and ensures timely adjustments.
- Generates regular (daily, weekly and ad-hoc) inventoryreports regarding inventory status and adjustments. Evaluates and determines needs for as needed additional reports and process improvements.
- Minimizes obsolescence and manages inventory returns (identify process improvements).
- Oversees Inventory to ensure that physical inventories are maintained. Manages the inventoryreplenishment process and analyzes changes to inventory levels; keeps upper management apprised.
- Develops, implements, updates, and monitors all new and existing procedures and guidelines for inventoryprocesses involved in handling of inventory and ensures accuracy and quality.
- Ensures compliance with established procedures and maintains effective internal control over physical product flow and accounting of inventory areas.
- Manages all human resources-related issues, such as payroll, hiring, training, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, incentive plans, conflict resolutions, to name a few.
- Creates, maintains and implements metrics to track staff attendance, performance, ensures an effective performance tracking and feedback system is in place.
- Maintains and organizes onsite and offsite finished good storage facilities and co-manufacturing inventory controls.
- Additional special projects, tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- AA Degree Minimum Required in a relevant field, BA degree Strongly Preferred
- Minimum 5 years management experience in job related field and knowledge/experience in supply chain, inventory control, warehouse management, shipping & receiving and/or purchasing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with customers, agents, carriers, vendors, management and other employees.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and effective negotiation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks and projects with accuracy and attention to detail and follow through.
- Experienced in operating warehouse equipment including forklifts.
- Proficient knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) including working knowledge of bar coding and RF.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise teams and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and generate solutions quickly and accurately.
- Forklift Certification.
- Certified in Dangerous Goods (49CFR/IATA).
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
- Prior experience in the Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, or Cosmetics industries.