Our client, a national food manufacturer is seeking several skilled and experienced Warehouse Management professional to join their team, located in LA County, CA to work in the capacity of Inventory Control Manager. The chosen candidate will direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources. The ideal candidate will possess experience collaborating and partnering with other departments (i.e. Warehouse Operations, Sales, Logistics and Purchasing).
* Monitor inventory levels and active purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries
* Direct inventory control measures to operations team
* Monitor cycle counting
* Provide accurate reporting and inventory levels to purchasing, production teams and executive team
* Work directly with sales and purchasing team to help with lead times
* Maintain inventory in inventory control software
* Receive POs into storage. This includes being on top of them and following up for paperwork for POs that are past due.
* Issuing releases to storage for required products
* Reconciliation storage inventory such as shortages and discrepancies.
* Managing work orders for different accounts.
* Setup appointments for carriers delivering into outside storage when needed.
* Verifying paperwork from storage movements for discrepancies and reporting those discrepancies, if any, via email.
* Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
Best Industry * Food Services, Food Manufacturing
Best Department * Warehouse Operations
Bachelor* s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or a related discipline is required.
3 * 4 years of experience as an Inventory Control Supervisor is required.
Food Service or Food Manufacturing Industry experience is strongly preferred.
Strong knowledge of warehouse operations is required.
Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment is required.
Ability to support a cross-functional plant management team is required.
Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties and multi-task is required.
Previous experience utilizing inventory control software is required.
Expertise utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint) is required.
High level of proficiency using PC spreadsheets is essential in this role.
Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation) are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.