As the Inventory Control Manager you must be a self-directed achiever able to wear the many hats of management while guiding a dedicated team of hourly associates at our Garland, TX plant. You will own the responsibility for improving key performance indicators as you cross train your team to be able to move fluidly from picking to loading to get deliveries out efficiently according to priority and to achieve targeted metrics.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a small team of inventory/cycle counters for finished goods and raw materials.
- Responsible for logistics department training program.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies and trace back to root cause.
- Identify SKU’s that are over stocked and notify planning team.
- Identify SKU’s that are over selling forecast and notify planning team.
- Write or update training documents when required.
- Create maintain departmental KBI graphs & tracking documents.
- Manage the departments reverse logistics activities.
- Resolves quality, service & cost issues timely.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience in a high volume high SKU distribution environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Minimum 4 years of inventory control experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management, Logistics, Transportation, Engineering, or related concentration
- Strong computer proficiency with WMS systems (SAP), Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of logistics functions & DOT regulations
- Knowledge of financial or cost analysis and measurements of Logistics
- Experience with industrial safety practices, and procedures
- Project Management experience