NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of NIKE, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike’s path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of thecompany’s investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, the teams’ unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
Become a Part of the Nike Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Financeemployees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research, and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As an Inventory Control Manager, you will have an exceptional opportunity to be part of the North American Controlling Direct Source to Pay (DS2P) team and work closely with the North America Supply Chain senior leadership team, program leaders, and functional leaders within DC Operations, planning, and transportation.
- Actively build relationships with Operations leadership to ensure that Inventory Control is considered a key stakeholder in key decisions and strategies
- Work cross functionally and within the distribution center to provide metrics, measures, and recommendations for the following:
- Detailed analysis of inventory adjustments and associated root cause and correction
- Analysis of WM to SAP Imbalance for root cause and correction
- Gross/Net cycle count accuracy analysis and reporting consistent with NIKE’s Global Cycle Count Policy
- Potential inefficiencies in existing operations processes
- Design and implement processes to improve visibility into Inventory Health (owned by the Geography) by aligning the quantity of inventory on-hand with the value of that inventory (for GAAP reporting purposes)
- Collaborate with our extended supply chain teams to define, prioritize, and sequence near-term and long-range initiatives impacting inventory accuracy and the internal control framework
- Act as a main contact Nike’s Internal and External Auditors during walkthroughs, control testing, and inventoryvalidation procedures
- Participate in the annual risk assessment process related to the North American Distribution Centers, while engaging with business partners to understand the timing and impact to operations
- Identify, implement, and evaluate operational and financial controls over inventory and supply chain processes aspart of NIKE’s SOX processes
- Develop Control Action Plans as needed to ensure full, timely remediation of identified deficiencies
- Develop high-impact presentations to communicate
- Status of projects and results of internal control assessments
- Inventory Accuracy
- Projects / Initiatives
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Internal Control Framework methodology, impacts, and ownership requirements
- Utilize an advanced knowledge of key internal control concepts to create, update, standardize and improve documentation of business processes and internal controls
- Implement global policies within the DCs that have been established by the Global DS2P team
Based in Memphis, TN, this role will involve some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, auditing or a related field.
- US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge around Inventory / COGS preferred
- Big 4 Public accounting experience and/or Certified Public Accountant is required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests including project tracking - manage and oversee multiple projects and deliverables.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Great listening skills and openness for different viewpoints
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior leadership
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Self-starter, eager to learn, result-oriented and creative strategic thinker
- Proven ability to problem solve and effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with SAP and Manhattan WMS highly preferred.
- Experience managing complex cross-functional stakeholder engagements, including facilitating workshops
- Advanced skills and proficiency in MS Excel & Access, Cognos reporting, analytics tools such as Tableau, VB, SQL
Job ID 00322346