Scott Air Force Base, IL
Industry: Business Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 269 days ago
Our team works closely with other support groups, client teams, script developers, DBAs and project managers to define, design and implement systems, networks, security, and client access at an enterprise level. The selected individual will be part of a small team of Cyber Security professionals supporting a program which provides Architecture, Engineering and Cyber Security support to a DoD Agency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to support other team requirements as mission needs dictate.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for providing networking and network management expertise. Candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and documenting network changes to a large network management infrastructure consisting primarily of Cisco and Juniper devices. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects ranging from basic installations to complex routing solutions. Candidate will act as a technical POC for a range of tasks on the project.
This position requires a strong technical background in the IT networking industry. Responsible for the configuration, design, implementation, and troubleshooting of a large complex DOD out of band management network. Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting routers, switches, and load balancers, is a must. Candidate should be able to advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation. Conduct problem resolution and identify process improvements. Coordinate with Tier III team members as well as theater Tier II team members. Candidate may be tasked with assisting in clearing router related IAVA/STIG/vulnerabilities during periods of high security related vulnerability assessments and/or inspections.
· 8 - 10 years of network engineering experience
· Knowledge of and hands-on working experience with switches, routers, and load balancers.
· Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP and related routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
· Must be proficient in defining/troubleshooting IP/VPN/Port Mapping and Access Control Lists configurations.
· Advanced knowledge & experience with Juniper JUNOS and Cisco IOS.
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues and performance concerns
· Experience with DoD security compliance, i.e. STIG, IAVA, etc.
· Meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I certification
· Ability to learn quickly on the job with minimal supervision
· Excellent analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to meet with customer, obtain requirements, analyze options, and provide solutions for multiple concurrent projects.
· Ability to coordinate solutions with customers and provide support for testing, engineering design, and implementation issues
· As part of global engineering team, test plan & report documentation management skills are required as are MS Office/Visio/Project/PowerPoint skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff.
· Experienced managing & implementing DoD networks and OOB methodologies
· Experience with industry leading COTS tools such as NetScout nGeniusONE
· Experience with MPLS protocols and services (L3VPN and L2VPN, 6PE/6VPE, etc.)
· Experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN)/Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
· Knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet – 100G, 40G, 10G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM etc.)
· Specialized technical education in network and security areas, including technical vendor certifications – JNCIA/CCNA, JNCIP/CCNP, etc.
Active DoD Secret Clearance with SSBI