We seek an experienced web operations manager to lead a team supporting and enhancing MathWorks’ intranet. This position is ideal for a technically savvy manager who enjoys building an adaptable high-performing team. He/She will work in partnership with IT and business area stakeholders to maintain and improve our progressive intranet.
- Ensure that your team understands the big picture - including business decision rationale, project context and goals - so they can make great design choices.
- Develop strong partnerships with other IT managers.
- Manage complex, cross-functional, intranet projects. Sometimes this means being directly involved as a hands-on contributor to a project, sometimes it means coaching others as they learn to lead.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on manager of an operations team, preferably in an IT environment, supporting an intranet or other large, web-based application
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business groups to develop goals and priorities
- Effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to steer a team toward a long-term vision, while making sure tactical concerns don’t slip through the cracks
- Strong technical background, including an understanding of: web development, databases, and intranet platforms
- An inclination for continuous improvement, combined with a proactive and practical nature
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Experience with SharePoint server-side development
- Experience with Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Experience as a web application developer/architect
- Familiarity working with User Experience throughout the software development process