- Appropriately assesses and plans patient care by: accurately and reliably obtaining, assessing and interpreting data; identifying and documenting problems and expected outcomes based on a plan of care for each patient; utilizing scientific knowledge base and appropriate physiological/psychological social/cultural/spiritual concepts; organizing care and interventions; identifying appropriate resources in order to meet individual needs.
- Coordinates and implements patient-centered care, ensuring documentation and communication among caregivers; delegating and ensuring satisfactory completion of activities; educating patient/family to meet established outcomes.
- Using reliable tools and measures, evaluates and documents patient responses (post-discharge instructions), identifies complex variances from anticipated outcomes, appropriately revises the plan of care to meet the patient needs.
- Provides/models quality patient/customer service by: demonstrating a willingness to accommodate all customers at all times; maintaining an awareness of patient needs and utilizing initiative to respond to those needs; utilizing tact, discretion, and compassion in responding to patient/family needs; maintaining confidentiality of all patient information; functioning in a collaborative manner with other members of the team to ensure quality patient care.
- Contributes to care improvement by participating in: coaching, mentoring, and developing staff and acting as a resource for peers; performance/quality improvement opportunities; and the cost effective utilization of resources. Contributes to improvement of nursing practice by utilizing best practices
- Participates in various department duties and meetings necessary for patient-centered service. Collaborates and cooperates with others in and out of the department in support of organization goals. Trains and assists new employees and staff-in-training when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree, Connecticut Registered Nurse license and CPR (ACLS/BLS) certification, required. Master’s Degreepreferred. 5+ yrs experience, preferably in Interventional Radiology. Must demonstrate excellent venipuncture skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent patient care skills. Must possess computer experience. Must be willing to participate in professional organization (Society of Interventional Radiology).