To prepare, develop, and implement appropriate standards-based lessons, and to incorporate best practices for differentiation of instruction for participants enrolled at the YMCA Phoenix School. To follow and implement IEP goals and objectives, utilizing best practices, and to collect data for student progress. To create a safe learning environment for all learners and provide specially designed instruction for the specific educational needs of all students. To uphold the mission of the YMCA of Akron and incorporate those characteristics within the fabric of the daily planning.
1) Plan, develop, and implement standards-based lessons related to the students' needs and abilities
2) Follow established behavioral philosophy along with case manager
3) Collect accurate records of attendance, academic progress, grades, and progress of goals and objectives of students with special needs
4) Submit weekly lesson plans to supervisor
5) Monitor learning centers, lunch periods, restroom breaks and student arrival and dismissal as assigned
6) Complete exit ISPs with case manager when students exit the program
7) Complete Staff Surveys on exiting students
8) Follow established crisis intervention procedures
9) Participate in parent-teacher conferences once every semester
10) Assist in developing and implementing IEP goals for all students with special needs in your classes
11) Complete incident reports, referrals, progress and incentive reports
12) Attend all mandatory trainings and meetings as related to your job and determined by your supervisor
13) Take responsibility for the care and cleanliness of your classroom, supplies, and equipment
14) Actively participate in the Partners With Youth Campaign
15) Other duties as assigned
16) Attend all mandatory trainings, such as Physical Intervention Alternative Crisis Intervention, CPR, First Aid, BBP, Child Abuse Prevention, Handbook and all other trainings deems necessary by your supervisors.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Preferred applicant must have a Bachelors Degree with a current Ohio Teaching License, specializing in education of students with special needs. Background with teaching experience or experience in a behavioral/special needs population is also helpful. An ability to implement positive peer relationships and flexible attitude a must.
The physical demands and work environment include, but are not limited to the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, squat/crouch, reach twist/turn, pull, push, lift up to 25 pounds, speak, hear, and grasp.