As a Tax Senior Manager with international taxation experience in MBAF’s Private Wealth Services group, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing tax planning, research, transactions, and consulting to high-net worth individuals and their entities. You will also be responsible for delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with domestic and international tax laws and regulations within timeframe for clients, including supervising the preparation and technical review of personal income tax, partnership, trust and estate, and corporate tax returns.
- Identify and implement innovative tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Prepare and review client tax calculations.
- Review complex tax returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments.
- Understand client tax accrual positions and deferred income tax accounting.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring seniors and displaying innovative leadership.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Manage the tax provision and compliance process.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Manage and coordinate taxaudits.
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Relevant experience in international taxation and/or real estate
- Minimum of five+ years of progressive experience in public accounting, 3+ years of management experience
- Exceptional client service skills with the ability to develop client relationships
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- Experience in working with flow through entities and high net worth individuals
- Knowledge of tax and accounting, tax compliance, and all types of domestics and foreign tax returns
- Work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
The perks of being an MBAF employee go far beyond the basics of a typical accounting firm. MBAF’s staff can enjoy flexible work schedules, internal clubs like The Women of MBAF, participating in company sports like yoga or flag football, volunteering for non-profit initiatives, and attending training programs through MBAF University. Our traditional benefits include healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid transportation and parking (depending on the office), vacation time of about 3 weeks not including holidays.