HALO is looking for a Tax Manager to join our high-growth company. As Tax Manager, you will lead a team responsible for all income, sales, tax set up, reporting and resolving compliance issues. In addition to performing a wide range of tax functions you will also be responsible for preparing federal/state income tax returns PBCs, tax audit responses, tax research, and assisting with tax planning. Other responsibilities will include any special projects assigned by the Controller, GL Manager or CFO related to account analysis and other day-to-day operational issues.
- Manage US sales tax reporting, including sales tax compliance, taxability research and exemptions, audits, and reporting systems and supervision of the preparation of the Company’s sales tax filings for all jurisdictions
- Responsible for staying current with legislative tax changes that may have an effect on the global tax exposure and recommending and implementing changes accordingly. Work directly with outside tax service providers to implement strategies that reduce cash taxes
- Lead review and interpretation of individual state regulations, evaluate current reporting to assure compliance. Interpret findings and assist with or directly communicate with customer and Account Executives regarding any sales tax related questions. On complex issues summarize findings and provide recommendations to Controller, GL Manager and/or CFO
- Prepare and provide tax information needed for the timely filing of Federal, State, and Local tax returns, extensions, and quarterly payments – provide input to Corporate Controller for cash forecasting
- Work with GL Manager in the preparation of the monthly tax provision entry
- Lead any related tax audits and oversee the development and implementation of process changes to minimize exposure or audit risk
- Prepare company property tax returns in multiple states
- Prepare Gross Receipt returns for required jurisdictions
- Prepare and review business license applications and renewals
- Administer year end 1099 review and filings
- Oversee unclaimed property due diligence letters and state filings throughout the year.
- Maintain, and develop relationships with outside tax service providers. Lead RFP’s and selection of key providers when services are put out for quote
- Review tax returns and related schedules prepared by outside service providers
- Responsible for quarterly and annual tax accounting calculations, including analysis and documentation, and required footnotes and disclosures for financial statements
- Manage international tax reporting, including preparation of international VAT and GST/HST tax filings
- Work with GL Manager to manage global transfer pricing policies and compliance
- Manage international tax planning and compliance including keeping abreast of the latest legislative and enforcements developments globally and proactively designing and implementing strategies to optimize tax positions and minimize risk as international laws change
- Maintain relationships with colleagues in International locations to ensure proper controls
- Advise, configure and test tax calculations as systems convert into new ERP system or acquired company integrations happen.
- Mentor and provide oversight to staff supporting tax related functions
- Provide assistance to legal department in reviewing tax specific language in contracts
- Assist with the preparation of special projects, modeling and other ad hoc request. Handle confidential information and reporting for the Executive and Management Staff
- Prepare account reconciliations according to GAAP on selected accounts
- Coach and develop tax department staff
- 5-7 years of accounting and supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business/Finance, strongly preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with 1099, federal and/or multi-state sales tax filings with online service like Vertex/Avalara or Sovos
- Able to research tax law questions, and interpret regulations and communicate research results
- Proficiency with a variety of accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with M3/Infor ERP system is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of PC applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and general ledger accounting software
- Excellent communication, time management, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy a collaborative team environment
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions.
With more than 1,800 employees in 42 global offices, we offer the industry’s most comprehensive range of capabilities, including creative services, technology solutions and logistics and global sourcing. Our clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations seeking to make a big impact with their brands.
As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.