The firm is looking for a Tax Manager to join our expanding tax practice in Private Client Services with a focus specifically on international matters. This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing tax practice. As a Tax Manager, you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to cross-border multi-generational wealthy families and their private business or investment entities, including personal, charitable and trust taxation and estate/gift taxation. Members of the International Private Client Services practice are responsible for tax engagements for a variety of clients before, during and/or exit from their integration with the U.S. income and estate tax systems.
We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, structure consultations with respect to family entities or private business entities, and all related Private Client Services (personal taxation, charitable taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation and financial planning for multi-generational families). Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With the firm, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
Position responsibilities include:
- Managing and driving the success of multiple engagements across different jurisdictions
- Attracting, developing, and retaining top talent
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise
- Initiating "cross selling" business to other practices
- Promoting new ideas and business & tax solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Developing an understanding of client's business or family structure & investments, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- 5+ years continuous recent public accounting experience
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national, regional or local accounting firm
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license or JD required
- Strong experience with private client services with international operations and investments (personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, with exposure to partnership taxation and corporate taxation, including State & Local income (SALT)/Franchise tax for multi-state filers).
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues, particularly with foreign trusts and CFC attribution analysis and a working knowledge of income and estate tax treaties, totalization agreements, types of visas, and exposure to related reporting and filings.
- Experience in the review of tax returns for wealthy family members and their trusts, investment entities, and private businesses. Businesses could include Private Equity, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Wholesale Distribution, Service, Retail and Restaurants. Exposure to business returns would be a plus, but not required
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business
- Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, manage compliance projects, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information and tax laws
- Masters of Taxation, MBA or Law Degree