Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Position Overview Reports to Senior Director of Tax. The tax manager is an integral member of the tax department who will provide hands-on support for international income tax compliance, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax planning.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities Prepare GILTI, FDII, subpart F calculations, E&P, expense allocations, FTC and tax pool calculations, and dividend planning
- Preparation of the foreign entity tax reporting (Forms 5471, 8858, and 8865), foreign tax credit calculation (Form 1118), elections, statements, and other requirements related to foreign aspects of the consolidated U.S. income tax return as well as Form 1042 compliance
- Preparation of Country by Country reporting
- Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals and global effective tax rate calculations
- Assist in managing global compliance
- Identify process improvements, implement changes, and ensure best practices
- Assist with tax audits and information gathering as needed
- Research international, federal and state tax technical matters and draft memorandums to support and document conclusions
- Assist tax department with other domestic (federal/state) or international projects on an as needed basis
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
- CPA and Master's degree in Taxation preferred
- 4+ years of broad based tax compliance/accounting and research experience, including public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource Income Tax, Tax Provision, Country by Country Reporting, and International Tax Calculator software desired
- Knowledge of SAP, Essbase, Hyperion, and/or HFM financial software desired
- Experience with research tools, such as BNA or CCH
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work paper techniques
- Excellent communication skills.