The International Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the international tax components of the U.S. federal income tax return and will assist in meeting various other U.S. and foreign compliance and reporting requirements, including the analysis and implementation of international tax developments. The position includes assistance with international tax planning and provides significant opportunity for growth in this area.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare international tax compliance calculations and documentation for the U.S. federal income tax return, including Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8993, and assist in the preparation or review of other documentation satisfying U.S. reporting requirements (e.g., Forms 1042).
- Prepare country-by-country report with respect to foreign operations and assist in the preparation of the master file and local country files.
- Analyze permanent establishment issues and assist in planning and implementation of international tax structures and processes.
- Assist with transfer pricing reports and documentation.
- Assist in monitoring VAT, GST and digital services tax developments and help oversee foreign indirect tax registration and compliance.
- Liaise with foreign tax providers in connection with foreign country tax planning and compliance, including the filing of foreign income tax returns.
- Perform technical research and assist with various international tax projects, including modeling impacts of tax initiatives and developments, legal structure planning, and cash management.
- Assist with U.S. and international tax audit matters.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in international tax planning or compliance in a Big 4 or other public accounting firm
- Minimum BS in accounting or BS in Business with a major in accounting or JD
- Experience should include international tax planning or international tax reporting and compliance, including FDII and foreign tax credit calculations.
- Knowledge of permanent establishment issues, transfer pricing, and VAT preferred.
- Well-developed computer modeling skills.
- Obtained or working on an advanced degree in taxation and/or certification, preferably Masters in Taxation or CPA or JD