Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 71 days ago
This position will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Senior Tax Manager, International Compliance in meeting the company’s U.S. federal tax filing requirements. The primary responsibilities for this position are focused on the tax technical aspects of US international tax compliance and provision. It will also support the Director, International Tax in aspects of tax planning. This will require that the candidate have an understanding of the companies transfer pricing methodology and work closely with the transfer pricing/global tax team. It will also require partnering with the tax management team responsible for developing holistic tax strategies. In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details. Available time and demonstrated skills will determine the extent of involvement in international planning projects. Strong communication and project leadership skills are critical to succeeding in this position.
• Performs primary review of complicated or complex U.S. international tax returns, including but not limited to Forms 5471, 5472, 1118, 926, 8865, and 8858
• Engage in various aspects of US International Tax Operations, including:
• Supports Director of Tax Provision in relation to international operations.
• Participates as part of team responsible for planning, development and implementation of various tax planning initiatives in order to maximize the corporation’s cash flows and minimize the effective tax rate. Position will focus on developing and/or reviewing spreadsheets to determine the potential impact of initiatives.
• Participate/support Transfer Pricing Team in preparing calculations to determine impact of value chain/transfer pricing planning on US federal international compliance.
• Manage and provide transactional support to quantify U.S. and non-U.S. tax implications on various international transactions including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, liquidations and reorganizations of legal entities or business units.
• Prepare initial drafts of documentation on significant US international tax positions.
• Prepare calculations on repatriation strategies to return cash to the U.S. from various jurisdictions in a cash efficient manner.
• Assist with U.S. and foreign income tax audits as needed.
To be considered, candidates must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
• BS/BA degree Accountancy
• CPA certification required
• Minimum of 8 years of Federal Tax Experience including at least 5 years of progressive international experience in a large corporate environment or public accounting firm
• Working knowledge of the tax software used to meet the companies U.S. filing requirements. Fluor is currently using OneSource
• Experience in primary review of complicated or complex U.S. international tax returns, including but not limited to Forms 5471, 5472, 1118, 926, 8865, and 8858
• Demonstrated ability to manage others, both directly and indirectly
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
• Highly motivated, hard-working and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills