Let's talk about the team and you:
The International Tax and Transfer Pricing Manager is an important hybrid team member who will connect expertise in global transfer pricing rules and methodologies with tax accounting and tax return activities, planning/strategy, audit defense and other important areas across the Tax group.
This role is the primary economic advisor, reviewer and approver to the Sr. Manager, Global Tax Reporting Operations and team who oversee all tax accounting, tax return and financial reporting for ResMed.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- The key partner from the Tax group with the FP&A group to establish or modify intercompany transactions that result in the Company legal entity forecasts.
- Primary Tax reviewer and approver of the economic aspects of the short and long term forecasts produced by FP&A and used by the Tax group for tax accounting, tax returns and tax planning.
- Tax representative in the review and approval of intercompany transactions booked by the Corporate Accounting group to ensure compliance with Company process, policies, intercompany agreements, APA's and global transfer pricing standards.
- Economic expert to the Tax Counsel group on the memorialization of intercompany transactions and to ensure that the accounting entries are in line with the various intercompany arrangements and resulting contracts.
- Primary expert and reviewer of economic aspects of Company transfer pricing reporting in close coordination with the Global Tax Reporting Operations group for all tax accounting, tax returns, other global transfer pricing documentation, audit defense planning – including the Master File and filing of all country by country tax filings.
- Work closely with others in Tax on planning for and addressing the economic aspects of global income tax audits, APA's and rulings.
- Support the Treasury group with intercompany transactions, legal entity forecasting and other economic analysis, as requested.
- Forward thinking and strategic mindset and ability to influence across the organization.
- Manage external advisors who provide expertise and assistance.
- Coordinate in-house data gathering process including regular interaction with the functional groups across the Company through interviews, data exchange, financial statement analysis.
- Use traditional and evolving methods such as data analytics to analyze, review, approve and, in some cases, prepare transfer pricing documentation reports and comparables analysis.
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed global organization.
- Examples of driving analytical decision making
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills
- Understanding of project management roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Economics and/or Accounting. Masters in Tax or Law Degree helpful.
- Minimum of 7+ years related experience.
- Experience with intercompany transactions, complex arrangements and related transfer pricing experience required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization required – written and verbal.
- Med-tech and High-tech experience preferred.
- Understanding of data analytics preferred.
- Ability to perform advanced modeling, data analytics and forecasting in relevant tools.
- Experience with relevant transfer pricing documentation tools (Documenter) and related economic data bases.
- Experience with Oracle, Blackline and business intelligence tools preferred