At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California – and among the top five in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
International Services is a division within Concierge Services.
The staff coordinates all aspects of care at UCSF clinics including; coordinating interpreters, arranging visits, providing information regarding short and long term housing, helping to identify spiritual resources as well as assisting with prescriptions.
The Director for International Services is responsible for managing all aspects of UCSF Medical Center’s International Services business to include marketing, patient services, financial case management, and carrying out agreed to strategies in Asia, the Middle East and other markets. The Director will work to implement effective strategies and cultivate important relationships that lead to referral of patients to UCSF, while overseeing the delivery of effective and efficient coordination of care for international patients. S/he will leverage existing academic, research and referral relationships and evaluate new opportunities to grow referrals to UCSF Destination Programs.
This position has a key ambassadorship role at the UCSF Medical Center. The Director is responsible for interfacing and coordinating internally with senior administration, faculty, hospital departments and practices, and externally with embassies, consulates, diplomats and other international agencies and organizations as well as patients and families – all to carry out institutional goals for increasing awareness of UCSF in international markets and growing referral volumes.
The Director is responsible for providing efficient, individualized services to high-level international patients seeking care at UCSF while maintaining high patient satisfaction and creating operational efficiencies. The individual in this role must interact effectively with a diverse, very high profile population while at all times exhibiting diplomacy, cultural sensitivity, kindness and compassion and grace under pressure.
- Minimum eight to ten years of experience in the health care field in a position involving considerable judgment and discretion or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Strong ability to direct, influence and motivate staff, project team members, clinicians and senior leaders. Proven ability to plan and direct cross-functional teams achieving performance goals
- Ability to lead business planning, innovation development and implementation
- Advanced knowledge of, business development and market assessment principles
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Advanced project management skills to deliver full lifecycle implementation plans
- Advanced verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills including the ability to positively interact with executives, providers and staff at all levels
- Assists in the development of the departmental strategic plan and objectives in concert with the Medical Center’s Mission, Vision, Values and Goals.
- Tracks and analyzes trends
- Manages and implements the international patient satisfaction process which measures the effectiveness of international staff actions from the patient’s perspective; including quality assurance measures and follow-up correspondence
- Manages content and process of regular staff meetings to ensure information is disseminated, department issues are addressed and resolved; priorities established and department results assessed
- Works collaboratively with staff in the administration and management of other programs as necessary or assigned
- Shares responsibility for providing coverage for International Services (and Concierge Services) 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Responsible for handling sensitive, confidential issues and information with the ability to work with appropriate sense of urgency for immediate results
- Responsible for displaying exceptional organizational and time management skills to the patient, ability to work independently and to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Job ID: 14938