ROLE MISSION: The International Sales Specialist will work as an integral part of a cross functional team that will include Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. The position will drive monthly, quarterly and annual sales results by supporting theSeraCare Molecular & Serology BU international sales channels, including existing distributor accounts and direct accounts. Responsibilities include the management of customer product inquiries, interfacing between internal departments, Sales, and customers to expedite the turnaround of product inquiries, technical inquiries and product complaints, maintain price agreements, sales/product forecasting, and communicating new product info. The International Sales Specialist interfaces withdistributors, direct customers, business managers, Customer Service and Operations in the performance of these duties andreports to the Sr. Director, International Sales.
- 5+ years of work experience supporting customers and sales, preferably in a Life Sciences, ISO certified cGMP regulated company
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, or Associate Degree in a scientific discipline with experience.
- Proven effective work experience in a complex, demanding environment maintaining a positive, professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong verbal and written communications required.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and computer skills are essential.
- Flexibility of schedule to meet changing deadlines is required.
- Confidentiality and discretion required. Extended work hours may be necessary in order to meet business demands
- Strong computer and ERP systems skills required with proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, as well as SharePoint and CRM software.
- Achieve and exceed established sales targets
- Drive sales and provide sales support to distributors and direct customers on a routine (daily) basis
- Coordinate with customer service team to ensure orders are processed in a timely manner
- Provide monthly inventory reports, product release information and promotional updates to distribution network
- Maintain an up to date distribution network contact database for use by MarCom and Customer Service
- Maintain international distributor and direct pricing agreements and facilitate annual pricing adjustments into ERP
- Work with international distributors and direct accounts on sales & product forecasts
- Follow up with leads from website, tradeshows and direct inquiries, etc.
- Utilize surveys/questionnaires to collect market information from distributors for NPD or product updates as needed
- Channel feedback from customers to internal teams (marketing, regulatory, manufacturing etc.)
Forecast and Metrics
- Capture and maintain sales metrics in Salesforce.com (opportunity staging, win/loss, catalog/custom quoting)
- Provide territory sales forecast on a weekly basis and activities metrics on a monthly basis and as needed
- Limited travel for sales meetings and/or tradeshows; based on needs of the business
- Serve as the primary customer contact for international sales for inquiries pertaining to all SeraCare products
- Assess customer needs based on incoming sales, phone or e-mail inquiries and use good judgment to redirect promptly when appropriate to technical staff, marketing or other functional areas.
- Clarify customer requirements and provide input for product and service specifications that can be internalized to allow theorganization to meet specified customer requirements.
- Identify needs and manage projects through the quoting process in order to maximize business opportunities.
- Communicate with Planning & Product Management to obtain status updates on potential projects in the pipeline.
- Prepare monthly metrics for sales quoting and activities and provide additional reports as needed.
- Notify sales and/or marketing regarding product availability, pricing or delivery issues as they occur.
- Support other customer-related inquiries related to pricing, inventory availability, and order fulfillment as necessary
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with exceptional social awareness and strong relationship management skills
- Multi-task with the ability to “problem solve” effectively
- Flexible—able to work effectively and collaboratively in a variety of environments and situations.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in multi-project management, cross-functional relationship building and organization andtime management.
- Exhibits high-energy and thrives on challenge and fast-paced goals, seeking to always exceed expectations both internally and externally.
- Promotes a culture of innovation by always being open to new ideas, being willing to experiment and to consider seemingly unconventional ideas, taking calculated risks in order to solve problems in innovative ways.
- Demonstrates resiliency by focusing on the end goals and not setbacks along the way.
- Must enjoy problem solving in a highly administrative position with heavy phone and computer time.
- Must be a continuous learner, always seeking opportunities to improve effectiveness of processes and tactics
BENEFITS: The position is full-time, with competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental & vision, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Life Insurance, STD/LTD and a 401(k) plan with a match. SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V