Manhattan Beach, CA
Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the Skechers Womens product lines you will represent for distributor partners. Support company objectives to enable continued growth and profitability in the International division. Use in depth analysis and product knowledge to propose new ideas and opportunities for business growth. Have a strong understanding of different market's needs in order to successfully build assortments that will drive sales in that specific country. Effectively communicate all directives on products to distributor partners via emails, phone calls and in person.
Essential Job Results
Become a product expert. Manage and communicate product assortments and line sheets, determine when and how to react to best and worst sellers. Consistently monitor the distributors to identify missed opportunities on key styles and make recommendations with the intent to increase sales. Present your product line with confidence and must be able to react to challenging questions during presentation.
Daily and weekly duties:
• Own your product line and brand initiatives. Act as an adviser to our distributor partners in creating compelling assortments. Build and maintain assortments tailored to distributor's market opportunities and customer needs.
• Effectively communicate to distributor partners to understand overall sales trends, key initiatives, marketing strategies and overall product direction.
• Attend Monthly/Quarterly conference calls with key distributor partners to discuss current state of business and needs.
• Maintain line sheets, new adds, drops, buys, revisions, availability, product images and substitute style recommendations to protect orders.
• Responsible for answering questions daily and communicating all product/business related information to each distributor on a regular and timely basis, it is essential as the time differences in regions can cause delays.
• Review selling/bookings/shipments by country for your product line. Report on distributor's business trend by category. Understand what categories are achieving growth or loss in sales to identify opportunity.
• Continually review product assortments to be sure that all key initiatives are represented and make educated recommendations for styles that can work within distributor's market.
• Manage Special Make Product Request for specific market.
• Provide projections by outsole/category and able to put together a sales target at the SKU level.
• Collaborate with other international merchandising partners to maximize sales, partner on product opportunities and manage projects.
• Evolve current processes and systems in support of company objectives to enable continued growth.
• Aggressive sales approach needed. Ability to be influential in person, phone calls and emails are essential.
• Maintain/Run/Review varies reports to provide appropriate analysis.
• Collaborate and communicate with VP – GMM of International
• Support distributors' sample needs for buy meetings, trade shows and sales conferences.
• Maintain sample library to stay current by partnering with sample coordinators.
• Mentor sample coordinators.
• Merchandising/Buying experience in footwear/apparel/accessories
• Extensive product knowledge of a large volume of skus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups)
• Must be comfortable with presentations. Present your line at sales meetings and conferences with confidence and must be able to react to challenging questions
• Global mindset
• Optimistic and Entrepreneurial
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be flexible in times of changes, evolving business needs and shifting priorities and adaptable in a multi-task environment with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrate high level of quality work, well-organized with focused attention to details.
• Build, maintain and grow exceptional relationships with internal cross functional partners and distributor partners.
• Able to work independently, but also convey successful team building skills.
• Must be able to create and manage appropriate timeline or calendar.
• Outstanding time management to meet multiple deadlines, stay on schedule and manage multiple priorities at any given time.
• Ability to take initiative, solve problems proactively and objectively
• Flexible schedule based on the needs of the business and international time zone.
• Ability to travel, if needed (approximately 5-10% of time)
Education and Experience
• 6 + years of Merchandising experience with large volume of SKUs
• Bachelor's degree
• International experience
• Previous tradeshow experience a plus
• Sales background a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.