BuzzFeed is seeking a Manager, International Markets who will be focused on enabling our international markets by providing them with marketing support and materials. The Manager, International Markets will play a key role within the marketing strategy team and report to the VP, Marketing Strategy.
- Understand BuzzFeed consumer and customer needs
- Analyze key industry trends to identify growth opportunities for BuzzFeed internationally
- Define BuzzFeed’s clear customer brand and value proposition, helping to grow business
- Collaborate with key functions to develop our ad product roadmap and build compelling market positioning
- Shape BuzzFeed and our key brands like Tasty, BuzzFeed News and Worth It to build recognition and affinity with our audiences, carving out more ownable spaces in the market
- Partner with other team members to help in defining our path to growth by shaping our identity, offerings and positioning in global markets.
- Collaborate with internal and external peers and partners to ensure that we unlock opportunity, revenue, and speed
- Partner with other team members to take the best of what's happening at the center of BuzzFeed and scale out to the regions
- Have a pulse on what is happening in the key international markets and deliver on their requests
- Understand key local trends at a customer and industry level and share insights with international teams
- 3-5 years marketing experience preferably working in technology, advertising, digital media, or related fields with previous international experience
- Must have some experience localizing global strategies for international markets experience with LATAM, Australia, or UK a plus
- Marketing experience built across a variety of roles, ideally across both B2C and B2B roles
- Experience with competitive analysis, consumer insights, positioning and business model creation.
- Understanding of what makes brands grow, and how the new media landscape unlocks unique digital advantages for BuzzFeed.
- Modern pop culture anthropologist with native understanding of internet culture
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to simplify the complex and write persuasive perspectives
- Empathetic team connector who can work with many different personality types and build consensus across teams.
- Ability to deliver effective feedback and earn respect of various fast-moving teams
- Strong point of view on what great branded content looks like
- Comfortable using data sources as diverse as revenue reports, Google Analytics, Facebook’s audience tools
- Agile problem solver with high change tolerance, and ability to manage many tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Endless curiosity with ability to quickly pick up and master new concepts
- Passion for content and Buzzfeed!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.