Internal Reporting Strategy & Execution Process Engineer � Vice President
The Global Financial Information Reporting Solutions (FIRS) is a new function established to define and deliver target end state operating model and technology requirements to strategically source data required for both internal and external reporting, and assist in positioning the firm to better respond to changing regulatory environments and internal demand requests. As part of Global Financial Information Reporting Solutions, the Internal Reporting Solutions team is focused on providing environmental readiness (fit-for-use), data quality and enrichment, and enhanced reporting and analysis across critical corporate internal reporting platforms.
The Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution team within Internal Reporting Solutions is tasked with improving consistency, sustainability, and stabilization of financial reporting processes across the firm. Responsibilities of the team include execution of the consumption strategy process assessments, analysis of functional activities that align within the FIRS remit and build of the end-to-end Finance controls framework for data. The team partners with senior stakeholders across Finance and Risks to drive the Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution Book of Work and collaborates with internal clients to ensure quality delivery of solutions. Job Description The Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution – Manager will be responsible for aligning strategy and implementing governance across Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution Book of Work initiatives. The Manager will partner with key senior finance and risk stakeholders across split locations to prioritize and manage Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution Book of Work and ad-hoc activities. The Manager will lead a team to ensure quality delivery of Internal Reporting Strategy and Execution services in Business Maintenance, Process Engineering & Consulting, and Data Quality Remediation. The Manager will oversee progress on Finance Data Controls End-to-End Framework to ensure delivery on the target state vision. Key Responsibilities
- Establish a robust process framework which drives strategic sourcing and control of key financial data.
- Define and deliver a process governance and change management framework that enables evergreen documentation and recertification while building a comprehensive inventory of all key process hierarchies and flow requirements.
- Partner with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various lines of business teams to drive process and technology enhancements supporting the Finance and Risk Roadmap to fruition.
- Define and document the end to end business and control requirements defined within the Point of Origin framework. This will be syndicated with all consumers of product information end to end. Key to this is developing strong relationships across multiple lines of business (e.g. principally AM, CB, CIB, CCB and Capital and Regulatory Corporate Reporting).
- Partner with the Data Management Office, Reference Data Operations, Data Sourcing & Reporting, and Business Architect teams to support the overall Book of Work in the Roadmap and manage key program cross dependencies leveraging a standard project life cycle (PLC) methodology.
- Partner with the Data Sourcing and Data Reporting teams to develop business process and technology solutions such that data consumption is looked at in the full context of the end to end process starting with Transaction Processing Systems all the way through to end user Reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Finance and Line of business partners, facilitate effective communication, and work with business teams to assess needs, understand requirements and syndicate solutions.
- Develop and maintain project plans, define project resourcing requirements, track resource plan vs. actual time spent. Ensure all deliverables are clearly defined and progress is able to be measured and evaluated clearly with KPI/KRI metrics.
- Bachelors degree required from an accredited university/institution; advanced degree and/or certifications (e.g. CPA, CISA, PMP, Six Sigma Certification, etc.) a plus
- 10+ years of experience leading, designing and executing complex strategic initiatives spanning business lines within the financial services industry to drive large scale change
- Experienced leader with proven execution of strategic process and technology initiatives in the context of Corporate, business and finance goals
- Excellent end-to-end project/program management skills including a proven ability to frame projects, establish required governance, and work across all constituencies in the business and Technology to successfully implement programs/projects
- Very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with ability to synthesize large data sets and identify targeted, crisp messages
- Proven experience in analyzing and transforming operating models to improve efficiency and effectiveness through technology enhancements, process re-engineering, policy, governance and organization structure
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across global, diverse Finance, Risk, Technology and Operations senior manager and relevant “SME” populations
- Experience managing large-scale transformational change programs
- Highly developed influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal executive-level communication skills
Req #: 170091458_1