Internal Medicine Resident Physician
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. It is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; the Spine Institute; Neuroscience Institute; Orthopaedic Institute; perinatology, obstetrics and gynecology through WomenCare; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM; and more. With 5,697 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLY 2018 RESIDENTS MATCHED TO ABBOTT NORTHWESTERN VIA THE 2018 RESIDENCY MATCH PROCESS WILL BE REVIEWED AND CONTACTED.
- Provides direct patient care for clinical patients for designated specialty
- Functions appropriately as part of care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills, both their own and those of other provider and staff
- Chart in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management
- Quality improvement utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes or workflows
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine
Our program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Completion of medical school within 1 year of application date.
- A Dean’s letter (or equivalent) from your medical school and 3 additional letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be from faculty in Internal Medicine (including subspecialties).
- Letter from current or previous residency program director (if applicable).
- International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate.
- We accept U.S. Citizens and permanent residents.