Not Specified years
Posted 49 days ago
Reporting to the Chief Medical Resident, Graduate Medical Education, the Medical Resident will function under the supervision of the attending medical staff and the Chief Medical Resident(s). In this role, the Medical Resident will assists with admissions, consultations, evaluations, diagnosis and treatments of hospital patients. He/she will provide verbal, written and telephone orders to hospital staff under the supervision of the attending physician, as required by the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program policies and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
1. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) is required.
2. Completed U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 (U.S. graduates) and Steps 1 and 2 (international medical graduates). For International Medical Graduates, a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate and California Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) plus acceptable immigration status that permits employment in the United States is required.
3. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
4. Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required within three (3) months of hire into position.
5. Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
6. Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality in relation to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) is required.
7. Ability and willingness to embrace knowledge, review information and assimilate it to their knowledge base is required.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, families, hospital staff, attending physicians and the public is required.