Lee Health is seeking Internal Medicine Faculty Physicians!
Lee Health is a non-profit organization with nearly 90 practice locations throughout Southwest Florida. We have more than 14,000 employees, 4,500 volunteers, and 750 employed primary care and specialty care providers. Our health system has four acute care hospitals and two specialty hospitals that together house 1,812 hospital beds.
Lee Physician Group – is seeking Internal Medicine Faculty Physicians to provide clinical patient care and be responsible to teach and advise internal medicine residents. Candidates for this position will be experts in evaluating competencies and will work closely with the Program Director and Associate Program Director to develop and implement a resident evaluation system.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment
- Board certified in an approved clinical specialty
- Current certification by the ABIM
- Full Time Lee Health Employee
- Faculty physicians will dedicate an average of 15 hours per week to the program
- Must comply with all ACGME core faculty requirements
- 3 years of successful academic experience in graduate medical education preferred
- Prefer educational and administrative experience
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Teaching, supervising and evaluating internal medicine residents using real time face to face feedback
- Participate in remediation of residents
- Participate in resident’s didactic conferences including – M&M, EBM, journal club, daily morning report, noon conferences as a lecturer, etc.
- Attend faculty and department of medicine meetings
- Participate in the following committees: Clinical Competency, Program Evaluation and Resident Selection
- Offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Sign on bonus & relocation package
- Malpractice through sovereign immunity
- 403(b) retirement plan with match
- Short term/long term disability