Job description details
The Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for prioritizing internal audit work and leading audit projects that assess adequacy of internal controls, and developing recommendations to improve the internal controls and efficiency and/or effectiveness of processes reviewed. The Manager, Internal Auditworks with all levels of management to gather information to establish priorities, schedule resources and work efforts. This position also supports key departmental administrative responsibilities including scheduling, reporting, recruiting, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.)
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- Six years experience in related field
- Minimum 6 years experience in an auditing position, including public accounting and/or industry. In addition, 2 years of experience in a management role.
- At least one certification is required: CPA, CISA, CIA
- MBA a plus
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing requirements
- Knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Competent with Audit workpaper tools
- Strong analytical, planning and decision-making skills.
- Business process risk assessment skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Organization and project management skills
- Foreign language skills in Spanish, Mandarin/Chinese, French or German a plus
- High ethics and integrity
- Problem solving skills including critical thinking, creativity and innovation (thought leadership)
- Ability to interact, build credibility, and establish influence with all management levels.
- Ability to deal with complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty;
- Adapts well to change and drives change through improved processes and efficiencies
- Customer focus
- Managerial courage
- Team builder
- Travel up to 25%