BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is currently recruiting for an Internal Controls Compliance Manager to join our finance team supporting the Ordnance Systems businesses in Radford, VA and Kingsport, TN with occasional travel required. While this is primarily an office position, occasional visits to the manufacturing areas are required.
Your primary responsibilities will be around the following:
1. Applies and analyzes accounting principles on contracts, costs, processes, practices and procedures as they relate to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) interpretations.
2. Conducts financial and operational audits by examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of financial and control systems, material assets, liabilities, surplus, income, expenditures, etc. (Financial Controls Framework and Internal Audit support).
3. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management. May evaluate and recommend improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures in accordance with regulations and best Federal Contractor practices.
4. Supports system owners continued approved status of major business processes and systems required to do business with U.S. Government.
• Maintain relationships with DCAA and the local Accounting Compliance Officers (ACOs).
• Support Annual Incurred Cost Submittal and its defense.
• Actively participate on the ERP System implementation team supporting internal control integration.
• Participate in negotiation of final rates.
• Forward Pricing Rate Proposal - support of its audit and use in establishing and maintaining a Forward Pricing Rate Agreement and provisional Billing Rates.
• Submittals of General Dollar Magnitude (GDM) and/or Detailed cost impacts.
• Submittal, maintenance and defense of disclosure statements.
• Leading studies and decisions for changes in disclosed and/or established cost accounting practices.
• Support Finance leadership in relation to Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Disclosure Statement non-compliance findings.
• Government Accounting and internal controls dashboards and CAP completion verifications.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
o Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 8 years experience to include auditing experience, financial controls and internal controls.
o Ability to walk on rough terrain, stand, climb steps and catwalks and lift 15 pounds or less.
o Ability to wear appropriate PPE equipment including, boots, safety glasses, jackets and hard hats.
Our ideal candidates will embody the following characteristics, skills and abilities:
1. Possess very good people skills and has the ability to deal with difficult people and turn strained relationships into positive, cooperative environments.
2. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Applies and/or develops advanced concepts, techniques and standards. Viewed as expert in the field outside of the corporation.
3. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are unique and solutions serve as precedent for future decisions. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
4. Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Work checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective. Virtually self-supervisory.
5. Possesses history of good judgment: Decisions affect the financial, employee or public relations posture of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would have a long-term negative effect on organization’s reputation and business posture.
6. Serves as consultant to top management in long-range company planning or spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Interfaces with DCAA and the Government Accounting Compliance Officer (ACO) on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
7. Familiarity with the concepts in US Government Cost Accounting Standards, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, DFARS, DCAM, COSO, and GAAP/IFRS.
Preferred Skills and Education
o 10+ years related experience with bachelors degree or 8+ years experience with MBA preferred.
o CPA, CIA, CISA certification preferred.
o Manufacturing accounting experience preferred
o Federal Acquisition Regulation, government contracting experience, Department of Defense experience, cost accounting experience and/or internal auditing experience preferred
o Deltek a plus