World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Founded in 1911, Air Liquide Canada has over 2,200 employees and serves over 80,000 customers in Canada's aeronautics, automobile, agri-food, chemical, defence, electronics, energy, metallurgy, metal fabrication, mining and healthcare industries from our sites located in key industrial regions from coast to coast.
Missions and responsibilities
Do you have an interest for internal controls? Are you looking for a stimulating job, which will also give you the opportunity to travel? As a theInternal Controller, you will:
- Lead the internal control efforts within Air Liquide in Canada and will help to ensure compliance with the Air Liquide Group's key control principles.
- Be responsible for facilitating, teaching and driving the process to ensure controls are properly designed, documented and maintained.
- Assist Management with the Risk Mapping process as well as follow-up on the respective action plans, ensuring risks are being adequately managed and mitigated
- Coordinate & execute various special projects within the finance department and/or business lines, could be M&A ad integration
Competencies and Profile
Do you have this profile?
- BAA or B Comm, in Accounting and/or a Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy
- CPA designation and/or auditing courses with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- A minimum of 5 years of pertinent experience in public accounting and/or private industry, coupled with knowledge of internal controls, accounting and finance
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Google Sheet, Google Apps, knowledge of Oracle R12 an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication in both French and English
- Available to travel 15% of your time
Do you have these skills?
- Team Player
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning skills