Purchasing Power one of Atlanta’s fastest growing e-retailers is seeking a Manager of Internal Communications to join our team in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing corporate and internal employee communications aligned with business and operational strategies that inform, motivate and connect employees throughout the organization. You will work closely with senior management and the human resources team to plan, schedule and implement communication projects across various platforms and throughout all levels of the company. This role will also develop, manage and oversee community outreach programs and initiatives ensuring they meet corporate objectives.
Job Details – What you’ll do
- Develop and implement communication plans to support corporate and key employee programs through various channels
- Maintain the strategic brand design and ensure consistency in messaging throughout the organization
- Document, formalize and socialize communication processes across business units and functional communicators
- Oversee all internal employee events such as large company town hall meetings, including agenda planning, key message strategy, content creation and collaborating with colleagues on creative development and event execution, including event logistics and onsite leader
- Develop leader and employee messages aimed at inspiring, informing, and engaging employees
- Create content for key documents, presentations, message/talking points and ensure they are delivered through the appropriate channel, often with fast turnaround time
- Conceptualize and research creative internal communication strategies and campaigns and keep apprised of internal communications best practices.
- Manage internal communication channels including Socialcast, Town Hall, email bulletins, etc.
- Produce video content with proper editing to distribute via various channels (i.e. Socialcast, town hall meetings, etc.)
- Help develop a digital strategy for internal communications and othervisuals to support corporate and employee programs
- Partner with marketing and creative services on design layout and graphic support and branding
- Identify opportunities for volunteerism within the community, plan and manage internal fundraising campaigns and donation drives and coordinate all aspects of event sponsorships, including day of logistics, event setup/take-down and ordering promotional items and other items as necessary.
- Serve as strategic partner to Culture Ambassadors to drive awareness and advocacy of the Purchasing Power culture
- Serve as a strategic partner to talent acquisition to tell the Purchasing Power story to perspective employees and drive EVP awareness
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to maintain and coordinate community involvement efforts
- Serve as a project manager in support of cross-functional corporate and employee communications initiatives
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications
- Experience in maximizing digital content in various forms across various channels
- Strong technical skills - ability to use visual concepts, graphic design or HTML a plus.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Power Point)
- Working knowledge of audio and video editing software; eLearning software (i.e. Articulate, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Collaborative and able to unite numerous internal interests
- Strong written communications – exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copy-editing and proofreading skills, various writing styles to meet needs, presents data effectively
- Strong judgment with the ability to identify critical information, think innovatively and creatively and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- Strong organizational and project-management skills with attention to detail - ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a high-paced environment with numerous and rigid deadlines.