As a member of the People Operations Communications team, you’ll work on communicating how we hire, develop andsupport Google employees as well as nurture and evolve our culture. You’ll work cross-functionally as well as cross-Google to communicate with employees at all levels and across different teams about people related (akaHR) topics, initiatives andprocesses. We're looking for great communicators who understand how to engage employees in understanding new and sometimes complex and nuanced information as well as helping toland changes toprocesses and programs. We need communicators who can distill complex topics and explain them simply and clearly via differentinternalchannels, including live meetings, email, FAQs, videos and more.
As an Internal Communications Manager on the People Operations team, you’ll be responsible for making HRprocesses and programs relatable and understandable through creative, clear and straightforward internal communications. You’ll be tasked with handling issues with speed and good judgment, and developing communications approaches that make the big and complex feel personal and simple. You will also partner closely with different teams across Google and provide solutions to complex challenges.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Lead the communications strategy, and associated implementation, for initiatives from beginning to end. Assess the needs of the project, develop and foster buy-in for the plan, implement the plan, and track effectiveness.
- Manage challenges as they arise, demonstrating speed and sound judgment.
- Create impactful communications for a variety of channels such as; email, presentations, live events, videos, websites, and social media.
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Build a consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making with multiple level audiences to achieve business objectives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in writing, communications, with a focus on corporate, journalism, government, political, and/or nonprofit areas.
- Experience in influencing through relationships, expertise and data.
- Experience with change management (i.e. developing communications strategies and plans around changes that affect people, process and/or technology).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the needs of the team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.