As a member of the Communications team, you will be part of a small team which produces employee communications and events for Google executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Google's culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
Geo/Maps builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users and includes Google Maps, Google Earth, Street View, Maps for Business, Ground Truth, Zagat, and Places for Business teams. Together, they are tackling complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies that drive awareness and understanding, and connect employees to the organization’s mission and key messages.
- Advise and partner with executives on communications including designing, planning and managing speeches, talking points and presentations for a variety of internal channels.
- Support development of internal messaging and framework that enables effective cross-team communication and alignment.
- Lead content development for key internal channels such as all-hands, townhalls and weekly written communications.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing communications programs that inform and engage employees.
- Demonstrated writer, with the ability to help shape a narrative and effectively communicate via presentations, scripts, or emails without significant editing.
- Ability to apply understanding and awareness of products and strategy to write and prepare compelling communication material.
- Ability to measure the impact of internal communications, and use the data as feedback to guide and adjust strategy as needed.
- Ability to adapt quickly and prioritize depending on the circumstance. Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables.
- Passionate for storytelling and executive content development experience.