At Casey's, our purpose is to make life better for our guests and communities every day. Since our founding in 1959, we have grown to become one of the largest convenience store retailers and pizza chains in the United States. We provide freshly prepared foods, quality fuel, and friendly service to the communities where we operate. We deliver a work environment where team members are treated with respect, dignity and honesty. This position will play a vital role in achieving our purpose.
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective communications programs to team members throughout all aspects of Casey's with the goal of supporting priority business objectives, Fiscal Year Communication Plans, reinforcing the Company's purpose and brand to improve team member engagement and position Casey's as a great place to work.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this key role will lead the editorial planning, content development, and production of all internal communications efforts. This will include heavy involvement in team member town halls/webcasts, internal channel management and content. This position will work to ensure internal messages are consistent across all channels and optimized for specific audiences.
- Collaborate with key teams to ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to team members. This will include maintaining a master internal editorial and events calendar, developing creative campaigns, crafting materials, creating and implementing an approval process, and sharing updates to various internal stakeholders as needed.
- Establish and implement internal communications strategies, guidelines, channels and processes.
- Plan, edit and produce content for a variety of internal communications channels and publications including presentations, intranet, email, videos, graphics, digital signage, etc. by working collaboratively with internal designers/teams to produce engaging and effective results.
- Serve as a strategic business partner and resource to key teams including Human Resources, Store Operations, IT, etc.
- Find innovative opportunities for team member engagement and identify ways to celebrate milestones and build culture.
- Support the technical aspects of communications delivery channels, specifically bringing experience and interest in mastering new digital tools to reach team members.
- Craft messages, talking points and presentations for department leaders to share with their teams.
- Explore and establish recommendations for measurement and report outcomes to leadership.
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report on overall effectiveness while continuously identifying ways to optimize internal channels based on performance and industry trends.
- Assist on store marketing needs, external communications, community relations efforts and other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations (PR), Journalism, Communications or related field required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in communications or PR.
- Previous experience with internal communications, media/publication and content creation highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Design program experience, including video editing a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from team members.
- Vision and imagination to create compelling communications that effectively engage key audiences, including an eye and understanding for design, digital and video-based productions.
- Ability to provide counsel to teams to ensure successful outcomes for a variety of topics, including serving as a trusted partner with sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-motivated, proactive and collaborative.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of team members and leaders in cross-functional roles to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting.
- Travel is necessary on occasion.
- Valid Driver's License is required.