Essential Duties and Responsibilities:TheInternal Communications (IC) Manager is anexperienced individual contributor heavily focused on writinginternal content and on managinginternal communicationscampaigns to drive employee engagement. Approximately 60% of the time, the IC Manager will write and edit email communications, intranet articles andother collateral for the employee audience. The individual also partners withother members of the IC team to finalize contentdistribution and track its performance. The IC Manager works collaboratively with seniorleaders and contacts within all corporate divisions to generate and manage multi-faceted communications plans. Additionally, the IC Manager will support keyinternalevents, including employee meetings.
- Drafts and edits messages or scripts from senior leaders for delivery to employees.
- Drafts and edits intranet articles and otherinternal content, including executive bios.
- Works with departments to strategize, develop and execute communication plans.
- Works closely with Corporate Marketing to align internal messaging and brand to external messaging and brand.
- Manages long-term programs to improve communications effectiveness and ensure consistency of message.
- Manages internal crisis communications as IC’s key liaison with the Business Continuity Planning team.
- Supports the execution of internal events, including global employee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism.
- 5+ years of direct experience writing and managing internal communications.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Journalistic ability to source and develop stories from employees around the world.
- Creative and strategic ability to devise internal communications plans and strategies.
- Familiarity with digital and video communications media.
- Familiarity with email marketing technologies and content management systems.
- Ability to multi-task; Equipped with strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Master’s degree.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Experience supporting the management of company events/productions.