We're looking for an Internal Communications Lead to keep our employees informed about corporate, product, and employee announcements as well as inspire us to do our best work. As the first team member dedicated to internal communications, you will report to the Head of Communications and work closely with many different teams, including the Leadership Team. You will ensure efficient information sharing across the entire organization, currently consisting of 300+ team members across multiple offices. This is a great opportunity to develop and execute on an internal communications strategy from the ground up.
As the Internal Communications Lead, you will
- Define a strong internal communications strategy from scratch and implement it across the entire organization
- Champion our mission by collaborating with the People/Leadership Team on communicating company values and goals, and organizing events and programs to inspire employees about the mission's importance
- Run all elements of internal events (all-hands, speaker series, hackathons, info-sessions) such as logistics, agenda, content development, speaker prep, and more
- Energize the company through events and incorporate fun ways to celebrate company milestones and individual and team wins
- Partner with the People team on employee program rollouts, change management, company values, employment branding, and employee onboarding
- Experiment with, select, launch, and manage new programs and mediums to communicate with the organization, such as TV screens, newsletters, Slack, wikis etc.
- Travel to other offices when necessary and build out internal communications strategies as we scale
- Collaborate closely with the larger Communications team, as well as teams including: Office Operations, Content, IT, People, as well as the Executive Team and Founders
Some things we consider critical to being an Internal Communications Lead
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working specifically on internal communications, human resources, or office operations
- Experience working with teams across multiple offices and time zones
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives