Bill.com is looking for an Internal Communications leader to join the People Team, responsible for developing and executing strategic internal communications campaigns that inform, engage, and inspire employees. Reporting to the SVP of People, you will design creative, innovative ways to reach this all-important audience that are in tune with Bill.com’s culture, values, strategy, and vision.
This role is particularly critical as Bill.com has affirmed its commitment to implementing a hybrid (remote, flex, onsite) work experience underscoring the need for efficient, effective internal communications throughout the organization. You’ll develop and influence programs on the People Team, to ensure we’re putting people’s experience first when communicating change.
The People Team encompasses Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning and Development, Business Partners, and Workplace Services. The core areas of responsibility of this position will include: People team and internal communication strategy and execution, Diversity & Inclusion program leadership, Employer branding and communications.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- 5+ years of work experience in HR programs, internal communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple projects and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results
- Experience producing communications across a variety of channels, including video, podcast, newsletters, emails, and live events such as conferences, seminars, and/or all-hands meetings
- Experience building, managing, and executing communications strategy and plans for a public company including collaborating with PR, Legal, and IR teams
- Executive communications experience including developing and reinforcing key messages for employees
- Experience leading or actively supporting diversity and inclusion efforts and other employee-centric programs
- Must be a self-starter, and have proven ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and confidentiality, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately
- Experience creating and executing communication plans for large-scale change management efforts including leadership transitions, policy and program changes, and reorganizations.
Competencies Needed to be successful in this role:
- Functional/Technical Expertise – Deliver strategic and impactful internal communications to the company.
- Values - Alignment and modeling of Company values.
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy – Resilient and open to learning. Uses technology to drive efficiency and scale.
- Communication – Trustworthy, credible and non-political; high level of integrity and empathy
- Team Player - No drama. Willingness and ability to build strong, productive collaborative relationships across the Company. Models leadership behaviors.
- Executive presence - The ability to provide clear direction and pushback with senior executives, including articulating value of different communication strategies and likely outcomes