As a Digital Community Manager, you will implement, manage and optimize a compelling associate digital community platform to help drive JCPenney’s transformation. This manager-level position will roll out a new enterprise-wide digital platform, and source, create and amplify content across multiple internal platforms, with a primary focus on internal social media. This position will be essential to sharing relevant business information and showcasing the Warrior spirit of our 98,000 associates within the U.S. and around the globe. This is a great opportunity for a skilled and highly motivated individual who is an organized team player who can effectively balance multiple projects and has a keen eye for detail.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an all-new associate digital community platform
- Spearhead the creation, quality control and execution of various content within the community platform, including text, photos, videos, live streams and events
- Compose intranet homepage stories with business or human-interest angles
- Distribute e-blasts to targeted associate groups on a variety of subjects
- Manage and balance different areas of responsibility spanning various aspects of the business
- Build and actively foster relationships with business partners to stay abreast of company news, attending weekly or bi-weekly meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, media studies, corporate communications, public relations, journalism or related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience working in internal communications or public relations – either agency and/or corporate department. Prior experience in retail or a consumer-focused industry a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to form relationships and work cross-functionally within a large and highly matrixed organization.
- Self-sufficient, with the ability to act independently in complex or challenging situations
- Strong, proven writing skills, utilizing AP style grammar
- Experience rolling out and/or managing internal social media communities and platforms
- Possesses clear ability to manage multiple projects at once while demonstrating exceptional composure and flexibility under tight deadlines
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation and accuracy.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Office 365 applications