The successful candidate will participate as a key member of the internal audit function for Kyocera International, Inc. Headquarters Division. The position will work closely with the Audit Manager in strengthening the Company’s SOX program, change management, system implementation, and General IT control environment. The individual will participate in internal audits of Kyocera’s domestic and international operations, conduct SOX compliance testing to ensure adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting, evaluate operational effectiveness and efficiency, and will work on special projects.
Responsibilities will include executing audit programs, preparing audit work papers, performing data analytic procedures, conduct first-level review of audit work to ensure departmental standards are met, documenting findings, communicating recommendations for improvements, and drafting of reports. Travel is expected to be 10%.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, while also successfully executing independent assignments
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Conduct SOX engagements, financial and operational audits
- Ability to identify and evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal control processes
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions relevant to business and risk
- Participate in the development of audit programs to effectively and efficiently test key controls and properly assess risks in business operations
- Ability to formalize audit observations and draft reports
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process and development of the audit plan
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline (or equivalent work-related experience)
- A minimum of 5years of internal and/or external audit experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Specific knowledge of audit requirements and the regulatory requirements related to Sarbanes-Oxley
- Previous public accounting audit experience
- SAP experience
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), certifications a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other protected class.
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or removed at any time.
This position may require exposure to information subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).