At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!See More
Internal Audit- Responsible for providing objective examinations of evidence for providing independent assessment to the Audit Committee, management and outside parties on the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk, management and control processes of BSC.
Internal Audit Principal Government Audits
• Performs complex professional internal auditing work, specifically for the Medi-Cal and Medicare programs.
• Work involves conducting performance, financial, operational and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to
• Identifies and evaluates the organization's risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
• Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
• Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Independently competent in unique and complex situations of: Financial Accounting and Finance Concepts, Managerial Accounting, Regulatory, Legal and Economics, Quality Framework, Ethics and Fraud, Information Technology, Governance, Risk and Controls, Organizational Theory and Behavior.
• Knowledge of Internal Audit typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have deep knowledge of project management.
• Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Other certifications are a plus.
• Strong preference for Health Care Industry experience, specifically in Medi-Cal and Medicare Programs.
Valid through: 3/9/2021