The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance, and oversight to ensure the implementation and consistent operation of a state of the art governance and compliance program
- Conducting audits regionally
- Perform compliance assessments to determine if business systems are aligned with regulatory requirements, industry standards, best practices and M+W Group’s procedures and standards
- Support, exhibit and grow corporate culture that is committed to Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance best practices
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to validate, verify and address audit findings, control deficiencies and remediation plans
- Assist in developing compliance standards, monitor for new compliance regulations, assess the impact to the organization, and work with the impacted business units to ensure compliance
- Identify improvements that will strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of compliance initiatives
- Report on the status of audits, compliance activities and remediation efforts to top management
- Provide subject matter expertise and consultative support to key stakeholders in the identification of compliance issues and requirements on an organisational and project level
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting and systems certifications required
- Must have 10 or more years’ progressive accounting, audit and/or FP&Aexperience
- EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) industry or related experiencerequired
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a global company and ability to operate within a matrix environment in a project environment
- Must have strong technical financial skills and a comprehensive understanding of project business, cost accounting, public accounting, internal auditing as well as international GAAP standards
- Solid project management skills. Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization
- Proven talent to correct and resolve issues in a sustainable manner, holding internal audit team members and other managers throughout the company accountable for such corrections/resolutions
- Strong and engaging presence
- Positive can-do attitude with understanding of real limitations and the ability to push back when necessary
- Strong communication skills (German / English) and executive presence as demonstrated through crisp writing, speaking and thinking and proven experience interacting with senior management.
- Ability to work and collaborate globally with various stakeholders, including virtual teams
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethics
- Ability to challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly look for ways to add value and to position the organization for success.
- Dynamic, proactive, and decisive – adapts well to change; able to provide leadership and functional expertise in a fast moving and competitive business environment
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with the M+W Group. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, for consideration please apply.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES