If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for helping to provide independent appraisal activities that evaluate the company's activities and processes through analysis, appraisal, recommendations, and counsel. Promotes effective control throughout the company, focusing primarily on ensuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes operational audits.
- Completes Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404, testing and documentation at company locations.
- Identifies, articulates, and assists with implementing process improvements.
- Assists senior internal auditors and/or the audit manager with departmental projects.
- Assists external auditors with reporting and audits.
- Conducts consignment warehouse counts.
- Examines records and interviews workers to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examines and evaluates financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Reviews data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Reports to management about asset utilization and audit results and recommends changes in operations and financial activities.
- Inspects account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or noncompliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepares detailed reports on audit findings. Communicates the findings and process to the appropriate staff members.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows auditing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field (required).
- Zero to three years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or a related field (required).
- Advanced: Accounting, database, spreadsheet.
- Intermediate: 10-key, presentation/PowerPoint, programming languages, word processing/typing.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry, contact management.
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) (preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (preferred).
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled