DPR is searching for an Internal Auditor to be based in either Austin or Dallas. An Internal Auditor will be able to independently and objectively review and evaluate the operational effectiveness of internal controls and business processes with a focus of improvement within their conclusions. An Internal Auditor has the skills equipped to effectively communicate results to staff at all levels within DPR, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
Essential Duties May Include:
- Assisting in developing the annual plan
- Assess and maintain a strong focus on risk management, which includes the interrelated areas of contract language, insurance, etc.
- Perform a wide range of reviews including; project, financial, operational, business process and ad-hoc, which will involve identifying and reviewing internal controls and assessing key risks.
- Have the ability to review and understand contract language to ensure business risks are understood. And be able to evaluate the project team adherence to the contract to ensure they are in compliance with commercial terms and corporate guidelines.
- Report risk exposures and provide recommendations for improvement of controls and develop agreed actions with auditees.
- Prepare reports on findings arising from reviews.
- Follow up on the implementation of agreed actions and report on their status.
- Manage client start-up, interim and project close-out audits.
- Assist with claim management.
- Maintain close liaison with BUL's, project managers, and superintendents.
- Assist project teams with audits of Guaranteed Maximum Price subcontract awards.
Skills, Education and Qualifications:
The Internal Auditor should must possess the following skills:
- Highly detail oriented, analytical, conscientious and systematic with high level of accuracy.
- Pragmatic and risk based attitude to assessment of issues.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, accounting cost management software (CMiC or similar).
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, with internal staff and external clients.
- Skillful in understanding the requirements of corporate management.
- A keen observer and must have good decision making skills.
- Promote our culture, communicates our vision and purpose through actions.
- Team player.
It would be desirable for the Internal Auditor to possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years construction experience preferred. Experience as an operational/internal Audit in construction is a plus.
- Around 50% of travel is required predominantly within the continental US.
- Location to be Austin or Dallas
- Professional certification (CPA, CCIFP, CIA, CFE or CISA) are a plus.