Under the supervision of the Vice President for Legal and Government Affairs/General Counsel, the Internal Auditor will add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, process control and discipline, and financial accountability.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over the operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
2. Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
3. Obtain, evaluate and assess accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
4. Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and documents the process.
5. Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
6. Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
7. Maintain open communication with management and the audit committee.
8. Document the processes and prepare audit findings memorandum.
9. Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions.
10. Engage in continuous professional development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Proven working experience as Internal Auditor at least 5 years.
2. Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
3. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
4. Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
5. High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
6. Demonstrates sound independent judgment.
1. BS degree in Accounting or Finance; 5+ years of experience.
2. CIA, CISA or respective certification preferred
3. Good organization and communication skills.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals.
Company Order Number: HRV10