Chapel Hill, NC
Industry: Building Materials•
Less than 5 years
Posted 174 days agoby Jillian Barry
Responsible for reviewing internal controls over business operations, evaluating internal controls, and developing findings and recommendations for improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Audits a variety of accounting, financial, and operating records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles.
2. Appraise effectiveness of internal controls and reliability of data.
3. Evaluate the sufficiency of and adherence to internal policies/procedures and regulatory compliance.
4. Recommend operating improvements.
5. Prepare work papers, schedules, and summaries.
6. Report findings and recommendations to management.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor?s degree in a business related field
2. 2 - 3years of internal audit or public accounting experience
3. CIA, CPA, CISA, CMA and/or CFE certification or willingness to pursue
4. Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate information pertaining to audits and the preparation of written reports of work performed.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to operate independently or as part of a team.
7. Knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Word and Excel).
8. Moderate travelrequired (up to 25%)