The Internal Audit Officer is responsible for performing selected internal audits, special audit work and other special projects. These tasks must be performed in compliance with recognized professional standards and with approved IAD/IADA policies, procedures and standards, and in accordance with date and time requirements. The candidate will primarily execute market risk and operational risk related audits and perform other audit-related activities and projects for the Market Risk Audit Group.
- Participate in selected internal audits (including travelaudits) or assist In-Charge auditor on some assignments and execute any or all phases (Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting and Follow-up) of the audit. Perform special audit work and other special projects for the Group or as otherwise directed, in compliance with recognized professional standards and with approved IAD/IADA policies, procedures and standards.
- Assure the proper administration of each assignment and completion of work in accordance with date and time requirement.
- Remain knowledgeable and current on the business and risk profiles of the areas audited by the Group. Provide appropriate support for the Groups risk assessment and off-site monitoring activities.
- Maintain communications with the auditee, Group Manager, In-Charge Auditors, IADA staff, and others as needed to ensure effective and efficient execution of internal audits and other assignments.
- As directed, represent IADA on Committees, sub-Committees, Special Project Teams, Working Groups or Meeting Groups. Cooperate as needed with supervisory authorities and external auditors.
- Holds a Bachelors Degree or equivalent, preferably in a relevant discipline. May also hold an advanced or specialized degree and/or a professional certification (e.g., CPA, CA, CIA, CISA) or license relevant to the profession.
- Candidate should have at least 12 credit hours of Accounting and/or Finance.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of the financial services industry. Must have at least 3 years of work experience relevant to internal or external auditing, bank supervisory examination, or which otherwise provides the knowledge and skills enabling effective performance as an internal auditor in financial services.