Square Financial Services, Inc. (the "Bank" or "SFS") was approved for an industrial bank charter by the Utah Department of Financial Services ("UDFI") and deposit insurance from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC") in March 2020. The Bank opened in March 2021 as a Utah corporation and has since been delivering on Block's mission of economic empowerment by helping small business owners and underserved communities across the United States.Job Description
As the Internal Audit Technology Senior Manager, you will report to the Bank's Internal Audit Technology Lead. You will research regulatory guidelines in order to make enhancements our technology audit methodology while also willing to get in the weeds and perform detailed testing. You are motivated, enjoy collaborating with teams, and provide a strategic point of view. You will be responsible for risk-based technology audits and educating team and partners on audit methodology and approaches.
- Enhance existing audit methodology identify areas for improvement following regulatory guidelines and best practices.
- You have deep knowledge of different frameworks (including ISO 27000 series, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, COSO, COBIT, and NIST).
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks and working with team and partners (e.g., Engineers, Product Managers, Compliance etc.) for risk and design guidance related to new system implementations.
- You will be responsible for testing of IT General Controls (ITGCs) and IT Automated controls (ITACs) over the Bank's in-house production systems and third-party hosted applications.
- You will work collaboratively and build trust with the internal audit team and partners (e.g., Engineers, InfoSec, and Risk).
- You will deliver audit reports to the Head of Internal Audit and the Audit Committee and proficient at identifying risks, writing observations, root cause identification and recommendations to mitigate risks.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in performing technology audits.
- CIA/CPA or CISA/CISSP qualification(s) is required.
- Experience working with Agile/ Dev-Ops Engineering departments and performing code reviews (e.g., Ruby and Python).
- Experience designing and performing IT General Controls and IT Automated Controls.
- Experience with testing and documenting SDLC risks.
- Experience with auditing of cloud solutions including AWS.
- Experience working in a regulated banking/FinTech environment.
- Willingness to work with teams to solve complex technology and business problems.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.