Internal Audit‘s mission is to protect and enable growth across Alphabet, Google and our Bets with objective, practical insights. We do this by monitoring the risk environment across Alphabet and providing insights to enable effective risk management. We work closely with teams and leadership to achieve a strong control environment that enhances and protects organizational value. We serve as one of the company’s various lines of defense for staffing and developing our team to be control experts who deliver objective and reliable results. As a member of the team, you’ll advise the business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. You’ll have the opportunity to influence change and decisions for business initiatives including product launches and system implementations. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment, are passionate about technology and are able to focus on key issues and the details that come with it.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Lead the development of the long-term Internal Audit strategy in a key business process or product subject matter area.
- Manage projects, including SOX audits, operational process reviews and review of system implementations, applications, business resilience review, technology governance and other IT-related risk areas. Perform risk assessments, prioritize initiatives and determine resource needs.
- Manage and lead a team of IT auditors, including goal-setting, performance management, and professional and career development.
- Work in cross-functional teams (including Engineering, Product Management, Sales Operations and Finance) to help create integrated system requirements and provide IT controls expertise.
- Work with management and users to translate audit findings into high-level insights, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations. Communicate with, and educate process leads on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit.
- BA/BS degree in or Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business or Accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in an IT Audit management role in a corporate Internal Audit department, professional services or consulting or within a related industry.
- CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA or related certifications.
- 11 years of experience one or more of the following areas: technology consulting, cloud, system auditing, financial systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, major system implementations, e-commerce, online payments, software development, supply chain systems, cybersecurity and/or online advertising systems.
- Ability to take lead and accountability of processes and work towards commitments.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments and manage teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work with teams cross-functionally.