Enphase. Power by people.
Founded in 2006, Enphase transformed the solar industry with our revolutionary microinverter technology which turns sunlight into a safe, reliable, resilient, and scalable source of energy to power our lives. Today, our intelligent microinverters work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems.
The Enphase Energy system enables people to make, use, save, sell, and own their power. This includes our industry-leading app, which provides unprecedented data and control in the palm of your hand. For the first time in the evolution of our centuries-old grid, people can get paid for the clean energy they produce and share with their communities, helping to build a new energy future that harnesses the sun. This clean, free, abundant source of energy can power our lives and help to replace fossil fuels altogether.
Enphase Energy is seeking top tier talent to join our leading-edge tech company. We hire creative, top performing people with a passion for high achievement. Enphase Energy provides employees with the opportunity to do their best work in a stimulating, dynamic, challenging and fun environment. Be a part of the industry leader that is pioneering improvements in the way Solar Energy is delivered to homes and businesses.Position Details (Who we are looking for)
Enphase is looking to hire an experienced Internal Audit / SOX Compliance Manager to work closely with the Senior Director of Internal Audit to provide assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve business operations. The Internal Audit team is committed to bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes at Enphase Energy.
Enphase Internal Audit team members are initiative-taking, industrious, unconventional thinkers who apply pragmatic real-world solutions to new and emerging problems. Each team member works with the highest level of independence and integrity to support the Internal Audit plan, including completion of the Sarbanes-Oxley program.
The Internal Audit / SOX Compliance Manager will contribute to the on-going risk assessment process, lead business process reviews, assess the design and adequacy of internal controls and determine control effectiveness. Subject to COVID -19 constraints, the position requires site visits and up to 20% of domestic and international travel.Position responsibilities (What you will be doing):
Required Qualifications: (What you have)
- Conduct walkthrough meetings with business unit leaders and process owners to assess the design of internal controls for assigned (SOX) cycles.
- Update documentation for changes in assigned cycles (SOX process narratives, flowcharts and risk and control matrix RCM).
- Perform review procedures to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for assigned SOX cycles.
- Assist in the annual risk assessment and materiality estimation processes.
- Perform impact assessment for identified control deficiencies.
- Develop, present, and work with business unit leaders to design effective controls and / or implement value-added recommendations that will strengthen internal controls, prevent fraud and improve operating processes.
- Consult on changes to policies and procedures, identify policy exceptions and provide alternative solutions for consideration by management.
- Conduct reviews of new processes and procedures (including new acquisitions) and assess effective control points.
- Prepare detailed reports for process improvements for consideration by management.
- Create input material and contribute to weekly status meeting with external auditors.
- Collaborate with internal, outsourced and external consultants and external auditors on control-related matters.
Required Proficiencies (What will help you be successful)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information technology, business, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, corporate accounting, or a combination thereof.
- CA / CPA or CFE / CISA certifications preferred.
- Experience in the Energy industry considered a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (listen, listen, listen, negotiate, convince).
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to resolve conflicts, persuade decision makers, motivate people at all levels in the organization, inspire teamwork and influence groups.
- Aptitude for problem solving and root cause analysis, including the ability to conceptualize and analyze multiple scenarios in solving business problems.
- Strong organizational skills with a record of using initiative to complete work assignments.
- Ability to use computer software and applications for data management, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Strong project management skills in coordinating with cross-functional teams, outsourced consultants and external auditors in the execution of the SOX Program.
- Ability to work over world time zones and manage diverse stakeholders and resources located in multiple regions.
- Experience with the Wdesk (SOX) Platform, or experience with other automated SOX tools. Managing the SOX database, building ad-hoc reporting, leveraging the tool to administer and optimize the SOX program is an essential requirement for the role.
- Continuous development of the SOX platform to enhance user friendliness and expand capabilities of the platform
- Preparing update reports and PowerPoint decks for presentation to management, SOX Steering Committee and Audit Committee.
- Being considerate and flexible to optimize scarce resources and limited time availability of all parties.
- Initiative-taker with a sense of urgency and able to work in a fast-changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to assess the adequacy of internal controls and communicate opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate root causes of control weaknesses and partner with business leaders to enhance controls effectiveness and remediate control deficiencies, as needed.