We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Internal Audit (IAD) provides independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities and the internal control environment. Reporting to the IAD MD/Director Professional Practices, the Senior Manager Quality Assurance will join a fast growing internal audit team to execute the quality assurance and improvement program (“QAIP”) to provide reasonable assurance to stakeholders that the IAD practice and activities consistently meet or exceed internal policies, regulatory and industry standards and expectations appropriate for the size, complexity, and risk profile of the organization. This role offers the opportunity to leverage prior audit or regulatory experience in a heavily regulated financial services industry to supportstrategic initiatives to advance QAIP efforts, challenge current internal audit methodology, provide fresh perspectives and insights, identify areas for improvement, and support the overall effort to meet or exceed regulatory expectations. The position will entail reviewing and providing constructive feedback to audit teams and leadership on audit workpapers, audit and regulatory issues, retrospective reviews and other practice matters. The role will also lead and/or contribute to communications and training related to the QAIP efforts, results and action items.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with audit teams to perform quality assurance reviews of all phases of internal audit execution with emphasis on internal audit issue validation and, regulatory issue validation, sustainability testing, and retrospective reviews. Provide guidance to the audit teams and reinforce methodology standards through timely feedback and training.
- Perform horizontal, targeted, team-based, and/or regulatory-focused quality assurance reviews for conformance with Schwab IAD standards and analyze results for themes and trends to determine the best approach to course correct.
- Prepare reports related to QAIP activities and results, including thematic issues and tracking and monitoring remediation efforts, to IAD management, the Audit Committee and other stakeholders.
- Track and monitor audit team remediation progress, and prepare reports communicating quality assurance activities and results to the Audit Committee.
- Provide subject matter expertise to audit teams related to the internal audit methodology and driving continuous improvement of internal auditprocesses.
- Assist with documentation requests in connection with external quality assurance review and regulatory exams related to Professional Practices QA and IAD activities.
- Periodically updateinternal audit policies and procedures to reflect the evolving internal audit methodology and to meet regulatory expectations.
- Develop and/or deliver communication and training to internal audit team members and other stakeholders.
- Support strategic initiatives to expand the quality assurance and improvement program scope, cycle coverage and plan.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects to support department strategic initiatives.
What you have:
- At least nine years of audit and/or examiner experience with increasing responsibility in public accounting, financial services regulator or large financial company, strong knowledge of internal audit best practices, financial services processes, and regulatory requirements (FRB, OCC).
- Working knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework, Federal Reserve Supplemental Policy Statement on the Internal Audit Function and Its Outsourcing (SR 13-1), roles and responsibilities of internal audit as set forth in the OCC Guidelines Establishing Heightened Standards for large national banks and Amended Interagency Guidance on the Internal Audit Function and its Outsourcing (SR 03-5).
- Significant experience reviewing/providing feedback on audit work performed by others
- Experience in developing training content and facilitating onsite and web-based seminars or training sessions.
- Thrives on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and teaching others.
- Big 4 accounting, consulting, professional services firm or regulatory experience a plus.
- Holds a certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or similar audit-related professional certification.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills required, with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and due dates.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve differences and influence positive change
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with TeamMate and/or IBM OpenPages GRC platform a plus.
- Up to 20% travelrequired.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life