$80K — $100K *
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Audit, Risk, Compliance and Legal groups support First Republic’s business objectives by systematically improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. We own and administer these processes while educating our colleagues to best support them. Our mission is to promote a culture of compliance and to be the best partner we can to our business stakeholders.
As a member of our Internal Audit Team, the Internal Audit Senior – Information Technology will work closely with the Bank’s Information Technology groups and other lines of business to ensure appropriate control design and control effectiveness across organizational processes.
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for planning and executing Information Technology audits, continuous risk monitoring, and providing control consultation on programmatic, operational risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
What you’ll do as an Internal Audit Senior - Information Technology :
- Plan and execute IT audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
- Assist with developing and implementing an annual audit plan by assessing relevant risk factors, considering management’s expectations of Internal Audit’s strategic involvement throughout the organization and with outside vendors.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for IT audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and integration with the financial, operational, retail, and compliance audit processes.
- Be recognized as a leader, management consultant and internal controls expert; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with operations and Information Technology management, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services, help management achieve objectives, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with and represent the internal audit department to external parties including external auditors.
- Provide risk identification, security, and audit control input for projects and other initiatives.
- Assist in defining, refining, implementing, and maintaining the Company’s audit process, including department standards and procedures that will be overseen by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, Information Technology, bank regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated internal control or risk management related experience; “Big 4” public accounting/consulting experience highly desirable.
- Banking or finance experience primarily focused in internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, and technology risk consulting
- BS/BA degree required; related technical field is preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CISSP, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CISM preferred.
- Sound knowledge and experience in information technology audit, systems design and management, security, and client server technologies.
- Understanding of security software, database technology, and emerging e-commerce, and internet technologies.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organization skills with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Demonstrated flexibility; a self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions.
- Excellent written communication skills to be able to clearly document audit planning, fieldwork and reporting work papers, reports, and rationale memorandums.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to work and negotiate with IT and business process owners.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and independently as an individual contributor, demonstrating a continuous commitment to improvement.
- Knowledge of FFIEC, COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, NIST, COSO, and other control frameworks.
- Advanced level of PC skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Drive to provide extraordinary service and further the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Valid through: 9/21/2021