The Internal Auditor Senior will be a member of the Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management team focused on performing audit projects and evaluating risks and controls. A significant portion of this role requires support in increasing data analytics usage in audits and establishing continuous auditing and monitoring capabilities. This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to understand business processes and data, recognize and assess risk.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute high quality internal audit engagements in accordance with the internal audit protocol.
- Work on all phases of the audit including planning, development of audit test criteria incorporating data analytics, review and analysis of data, audit evidence and issues, perform root cause analysis, make value add recommendations and document audit results.
- Identify available data and analytics opportunities to incorporate automated testing techniques in audits and projects using data analytics tools.
- Gather, analyze and evaluate information from a variety of data sources to supportaudit engagements and other projects.
- Lead meetings with internal audit and/or client management team to effectively communicate the results of assigned audits and projects.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with audit clients.
- Collaborate with IT and other related operating units on data acquisition and technical analysis.
- Perform work as assigned by Internal Audit management.
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and US GAAP
- Business and/or auditexperience in one or more of the following areas: Oil & Gas; Real Estate; Venture Capital; and SAP/BW system exposure
- Working ability to conduct quality control reviews of audit work products
- Bachelordegree in either Audit, Accounting or Finance
- CIA or CPA certification, or equivalent, preferred
- 5+ years of full-time experience in internal audit, public accounting/audit or data analytics experience
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including to any of the Company’s locations