What you'll be doing...
You will be part of an objective assurance and consulting team (Internal Audit) that is independently managed within Verizon designed to add value and improve operations. Within Internal Audit, you will gain extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Verizon's business and technical landscape. These assignments include increasing levels of responsibilities, making Internal Audit an excellent place to work for high potential employees.
As a leader within the Major Projects audit team, this will require a decisive, motivated and talented self-driven team player to lead and develop the analytical skills across the team.
- As a top level contributor you would be supporting a high performance Major Projects audit team in its efforts to identify and assess risks in Verizon's key business functions related to capital projects. The enthusiasm in this position helps identify key risks and control gaps utilizing cutting traditional auditing techniques as well as data analytics.
- Play a significant role with respect to infrastructure problem solving, opportunity identification and own complex projects to lead the advancement of technical skills within Finance.
- Work closely with senior business management to understand data and its relationship to end-to-end business process and controls supporting projects.
- Prioritize general objectives into defined projects and establish scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet commitments.
- Mentor team members to ensure professional growth and development of data science skillset and leadership qualities.
- Find creative solutions to complex and diverse business problems.
- Organize data and effectively communicate high level results to senior management.
- Produce written deliverables for planning, execution, completion and reporting on audits.
- Determine the best methods of integrating data from several different sources and systems for use in data analyses.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Must have Internal Audit and Business experience
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master's degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Strong business data analytical skills and experience; ability to apply business logic to analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Capability to write clear, concise reports and presentations with a capability to verbally communicate effectively; organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to consolidate issues for management level review, develop clear written recommendations, which require minimal editing and present recommendations with management.
- Knowledge of risk management methodology and factors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects (multi-task and prioritize) in a fast-paced, demanding environment.