$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under general supervision, verifies the financial status and operating procedures of the institution through a systematic program of audits. Interacts with administrative and enforcement agencies; monitors systems and solves problems.
RECRUITING JOB SUMMARY:
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
· Assists in development of the company's annual audit plan.
· Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
· Initiates project planning.
· Assists with risk assessment and developing audit direction.
· Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
· Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
· Coordinates and interacts with staff and with external audit and agencies, as needed.
· Consults with and advises staff on operational and administrative issues.
· Trains new staff, as needed.
· Keeps abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
· Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of company financial statements.
· Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
· Develops and provides training as requested.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
· Computer, general office equipment
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
· Up to 12 weeks of travel per year.
· Be able to lift up to 30 lbs unassisted.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
· Bachelor's degree
· Certification/Licensure Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification must be active and good standing or must be practicing Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
· Eight years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Three years supervising a team.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
· Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
· Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
Valid Through: 2019-11-1